(20 ILCS 4028/10)
Violence Prevention Task Force; duties.
The Task Force shall have the following duties:
(1) to increase awareness of resources, jobs, and
opportunities to prevent violence in this State;
(2) to assist violence prevention groups, religious
institutions, social lodges, community groups, block clubs, and other groups in providing safe havens for children, youth, young adults, and seniors;
(3) to create, develop, and implement recreational,
social, and educational initiatives for at-risk youth;
(4) to organize community mental health providers in
(5) to provide State resources to public schools to
assist with behavioral health; and
(6) to assist in providing jobs, resources, and
opportunities for at-risk youth so as to prevent them from committing crimes.
(Source: P.A. 98-194, eff. 8-7-13.)