(20 ILCS 3930/7.6)
Capital Crimes Database.
(a) Subject to appropriation, a Capital Crimes Database shall be created within the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA).
(b) The ICJIA shall collect and retain in the Capital Crimes Database all information on the prosecution, pendency, and disposition of capital and capital eligible cases in Illinois. The Capital Crimes Database shall serve as a repository for all of the foregoing collected information.
(c) The ICJIA shall develop administrative rules to provide for the coordination and collection of information in the Capital Crimes Database.
(d) Agencies required to provide information on capital cases to the ICJIA, as the ICJIA may request, for the Capital Crimes Database shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Office of the Attorney General.
(2) Illinois Department of Corrections.
(3) Illinois State Police.
(4) All county State's Attorneys.
(5) All county public defenders.
(6) Office of the State's Attorneys Appellate
(7) Office of the State Appellate Defender.
(e) Agencies requested to provide information on capital cases to the ICJIA for the Capital Crimes Database shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Administrative Office of Illinois Courts.
(2) All county circuit court clerks.
(f) The ICJIA shall develop procedures and protocols for the submission of information relating to capital and capital eligible cases to the Database in conjunction with the agencies submitting information.
(Source: P.A. 95-688, eff. 10-23-07.)