(20 ILCS 2715/15)
(a) There is created within the Department a Racial Profiling Prevention and Data Oversight Board, consisting of 15 members, which shall independently exercise its powers, duties, and responsibilities. The Board shall have the authority to allow additional participation from various groups that the Board deems necessary for additional input.
(b) The membership of the Oversight Board shall consist of:
(1) 4 legislators appointed by the General Assembly
leadership equally apportioned between the 2 houses and political parties;
(2) the Attorney General or his or her designee;
(3) the Secretary of the Illinois Department of
Transportation or his or her designee;
(4) the Director of the Illinois State Police or his
(5) 3 members of county or city law enforcement
agencies, representing jurisdictions of varied size and geography, appointed by the Governor;
(6) 4 members of community organizations representing
minority interests, appointed by the Governor; and
(7) one member of the Illinois academic community
with specific expertise in both statistical analysis and law enforcement, appointed by the Governor.
(c) All members shall serve 2 years and until their successors are appointed. Members may be reappointed for an unlimited number of terms. The Oversight Board shall meet at least quarterly.
(Source: P.A. 94-997, eff. 1-1-08