(20 ILCS 2605/2605-360)
(was 20 ILCS 2605/55a in part)
Rules for confidentiality of juvenile records.
develop rules that guarantee the confidentiality of the
individually identifiable juvenile records described in
except to juvenile authorities who
request information concerning the minor and who certify in writing that the
information will not be disclosed to any other party except as provided under
law or order of court. For purposes of this Section, "juvenile authorities"
(1) A judge of the circuit court and members of the
staff of the court designated by the judge.
(2) Parties to the proceedings under the Juvenile
Court Act of 1987 and their attorneys.
(3) Probation officers and court appointed advocates
for the juvenile authorized by the judge hearing the case.
(4) Any individual or public or private agency having
custody of the child pursuant to court order.
(5) Any individual or public or private agency
providing education, medical, or mental health services to the child when the requested information is needed to determine the appropriate service or treatment for the minor.
(6) Any potential placement provider when the release
is authorized by the court for the limited purpose of determining the appropriateness of the potential placement.
enforcement officers and prosecutors.
(8) Adult and juvenile prisoner review
(9) Authorized military personnel.
(10) Individuals authorized by
(11) The Illinois General Assembly or any committee
or commission of the General Assembly.
(Source: P.A. 90-18, eff. 7-1-97; 90-130, eff. 1-1-98;
90-372, eff. 7-1-98;
90-590, eff. 1-1-00; 90-655, eff. 7-30-98; 90-793, eff. 8-14-98;
91-239, eff. 1-1-00.)