(20 ILCS 1510/25)
(a) General Rule. An individual is eligible to participate in the job
projects assisted under this Act if the individual:
(1) is at least 16 years of age;
(2) has resided in the eligible area for at least 30
(3) has been unemployed for 35 days prior to the
determination of employment for job projects assisted under this Act;
(4) is a citizen of the United States, is a national
of the United States, is a lawfully admitted permanent resident alien, is a lawfully admitted refugee or parolee, or is otherwise authorized by the United States Attorney General to work in the United States; and
(5) is a recipient of assistance under Article IV of
the Illinois Public Aid Code.
(3) No individual participating in the job
opportunity project assisted under this Act may work in any compensated job other than the job assisted under this Act for more than 20 hours per week.
(4) Individuals participating under this Act shall
seek employment during the period of employment assisted under this Act.
(5) Any individual eligible for retirement benefits
under the Social Security Act, under any retirement system for Federal Government employees, under the railroad retirement system, under the military retirement system, under a State or local government pension plan or retirement system, or any private pension program is not eligible to receive a job under a job project assisted under this Act.
(Source: P.A. 93-46, eff. 7-1-03.)