(20 ILCS 1105/8.1)
The Illinois Coal Resurgence Program.
The Department shall
administer the Illinois Coal Resurgence Program. The Department shall have the
following powers in accordance with Section 7 of the General Obligation Bond
(1) To assist in the reopening of closed Illinois
(2) To assist in allowing existing Illinois coal
mines to remain operating.
(3) To assist in developing new markets (both
domestic and foreign) for Illinois coal.
(4) To assist in funding the cost of transportation
of Illinois coal to new markets and the development of related infrastructure.
(5) To assist in funding the cost of construction and
development of coal conversion parks in Illinois.
(6) To assist in providing incentives to attract new
businesses that use coal or by-products developed from coal or its conversion to relocate in Illinois.
(7) To assist in hiring consultants, engineers, and
other experts to assist in providing feasibility work in connection with projects whose funding would otherwise be authorized under this Act.
(Source: P.A. 90-312, eff. 8-1-97.)