(20 ILCS 662/5)
The purposes of this Act are to:
(1) Provide technical assistance to Illinois local
governments that request it for the development of local planning ordinances and regulations.
(2) Encourage Illinois local governments to engage in
planning, regulatory, and development approaches that promote and encourage comprehensive planning.
(3) Prepare and distribute model ordinances, manuals,
and other technical publications that promote and encourage comprehensive planning.
(4) Research and report upon the results and impact
of activities funded by the demonstration grants.
(5) Support local planning efforts in communities
with limited financial means.
(6) Support planning efforts that include one or more
units of local government or planning agencies working together.
(Source: P.A. 92-768, eff. 8-6-02.)