(20 ILCS 627/20)
Electric vehicle advisory council.
(a) There is created the Illinois Electric Vehicle Advisory Council. The Council shall investigate and recommend strategies that the Governor and the General Assembly may implement to promote the use of electric vehicles, including, but not limited to, potential infrastructure improvements, State and local regulatory streamlining, and changes to electric utility rates and tariffs.
(b) The Council shall include all of the following members:
(1) The Electric Vehicle Coordinator to serve as
(2) Four members of the General Assembly, one
appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, one appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, one appointed by the President of the Senate, and one appointed by the Minority Leader of the Senate.
(3) The Director of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
(4) The Director of the Environmental Protection
Agency or his or her designee.
(5) The Executive Director of the Illinois Commerce
Commission or his or her designee.
(6) The Secretary of the Illinois Department of
Transportation or his or her designee.
(7) Ten at-large members appointed by the Governor as
(A) two representatives of statewide
(B) two representatives of national or regional
(C) one representative of a nonprofit car-sharing
(D) two representatives of automobile
(E) one representative of the City of Chicago;
(F) two representatives of electric utilities.
(c) The Council shall report its findings to the Governor and General Assembly by December 31, 2011.
(d) The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity shall provide administrative and other support to the Council.
(Source: P.A. 97-89, eff. 7-11-11.)