(20 ILCS 105/3.10)
"Minority senior citizen" means any person
55 years of age or older for whom
opportunities for employment and participation in community life are
severely limited and who is any of the following:
(1) American Indian or Alaska Native (a person having
origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America, including Central America, and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment).
(2) Asian (a person having origins in any of the
original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent, including, but not limited to, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam).
(3) Black or African American (a person having
origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa). Terms such as "Haitian" or "Negro" can be used in addition to "Black or African American".
(4) Hispanic or Latino (a person of Cuban, Mexican,
Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race).
(5) Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (a
person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands).
(Source: P.A. 97-396, eff. 1-1-12.)