(15 ILCS 310/6a)
(from Ch. 124, par. 106a)
Director - powers and duties.
The Director shall have the
duties and responsibilities:
(1) To apply and carry out this law and the rules adopted hereunder.
(2) To attend meetings of the Commission.
(3) To establish and maintain a roster of all employees subject to this
Act, in which there shall be set forth, as to each employee, the class,
title, pay status, and other pertinent data.
(4) Subject to such exemptions or modifications as may be necessary to
assure the continuity of federal contributions for positions paid from federal
funds, to make appointments to vacancies; to approve all written charges
seeking discharge, demotion, or other disciplinary
measures provided in this Act and to approve transfers of employees from
one geographical area to another in the State.
(5) To formulate and administer service wide policies and programs for
the improvement of employee effectiveness, including training, safety, health,
incentive recognition, counseling, welfare and employee relations.
(6) To conduct negotiations affecting pay, hours of work, or other working
conditions of employees subject to this Act.
(7) To investigate from time to time the operation and effect of this
law and the rules made thereunder and to report his or her findings and
recommendations to the Commission and the Secretary of State.
(8) To make such reports as he may consider desirable to the Commission and the Secretary of State, or as the
State or Commission may request.
(9) To enter into agreements with professional or educational organizations
or the Illinois State Department of Central Management Services
for the purpose of obtaining professional or technical assistance in the
administration of this Act.
(10) To perform any other lawful acts necessary or desirable to carry
out the purposes and provisions of this law.
(Source: P.A. 90-372, eff. 7-1-98; 90-422, eff. 8-15-97.)