(5 ILCS 175/1-105)
Purposes and construction.
This Act shall be construed
consistently with what is commercially reasonable under the circumstances and
to effectuate the
(1) To facilitate electronic communications by means
of reliable electronic records.
(2) To facilitate and promote electronic commerce, by
eliminating barriers resulting from uncertainties over writing and signature requirements, and promoting the development of the legal and business infrastructure necessary to implement secure electronic commerce.
(3) To facilitate electronic filing of documents with
State and local government agencies, and promote efficient delivery of government services by means of reliable electronic records.
(4) To minimize the incidence of forged electronic
records, intentional and unintentional alteration of records, and fraud in electronic commerce.
(5) To help to establish uniformity of rules and
standards regarding the authentication and integrity of electronic records.
(6) To promote public confidence in the integrity and
reliability of electronic records and electronic commerce.
(Source: P.A. 90-759, eff. 7-1-99