|10000SB3220ham004||- 2 -||LRB100 19042 AXK 40644 a|
recommendation for recognition to the State Board of Education,
as provided by rules adopted by the State Board of Education
under this Section. These rules must include at minimum all of
(1) The State Board of Education must convene a public
hearing immediately preceding its next regularly scheduled
board meeting after the State Educator Preparation and
Licensure Board's denial of recommendation for
(2) The public hearing must include an opportunity for
public participants to present comments on the appeal to
the State Board of Education.
(3) The public hearing must include an opportunity for
members of the State Educator Preparation and Licensure
Board and the State Board of Education to comment on the
issues raised in the appeal.
(4) The public hearing must include an opportunity for
the institution filing the appeal to present comments and
information to the State Board of Education in support of
(5) The State Board of Education must take action to
adopt, modify, or overturn the denial of recommendation for
recognition immediately after the public hearing.
(c) The State Board of Education shall adopt rules to
implement this Section.