|10000SB1730sam001||- 2 -||LRB100 08690 AXK 23137 a|
pulling activity in which the rental
vehicle is actively
(3) Damage or loss that could reasonably be expected
from an intentional
or criminal act of the driver other
than a traffic infraction.
(4) Damage or loss to any rental vehicle resulting from
any auto business
operation, including but not limited to
repairing, servicing, testing, washing,
or selling of automobiles.
(5) Damage or loss occurring to a rental vehicle if the
rental contract is
based on fraudulent or material
misrepresentation by the renter.
(6) Damage or loss arising out of the use of the rental
the continental United States when such use
is specifically prohibited in the
(7) Damage or loss occurring while the rental vehicle
is operated by a
driver not permitted under the rental
(8) Damage or loss occurring while the rental vehicle
is operated by a driver under the influence of alcohol,
other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds, or
any combination thereof and convicted of violating
subsection (a) of Section 11-501 of the Illinois Vehicle
(9) Failure of renter to return the rental vehicle's
keys to the rental company.
|10000SB1730sam001||- 3 -||LRB100 08690 AXK 23137 a|
(c) A rental company shall not charge more than $12.50 per
full or partial 24
hour rental day for a collision damage
waiver prior to January 1, 2014. Beginning January 1, 2014, a
rental company shall not charge more than $13.50 per full or
partial 24 hour rental day for a collision damage waiver.
(d) A rental company may offer a collision damage waiver on
any rental vehicle having a value in excess of a Manufacturer's
Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $50,000; however, the
provisions of subsection (c) of this Section shall not apply to
collision damage waivers under this subsection (d).
(Source: P.A. 98-428, eff. 8-16-13; 99-201, eff. 10-1-15