TITLE 95: VETERANS AND MILITARY AFFAIRS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRS
PART 125 VETERANS' SCRATCH-OFF LOTTERY GRANT PROGRAM
SECTION 125.40 GENERAL PROCEDURES FOR GRANT APPLICATIONS AND AWARDS
Section 125.40 General Procedures for Grant Applications and Awards
a) Grant applications for funding assistance under this program may be submitted at any time, but will not be considered until the Committee meeting after the quarter in which they are received (i.e., grant applications received during the first quarter of the year will not be considered until the meeting held during the second quarter). Necessary application forms and instructions are available through the Department. Awarding of grants will be on a competitive basis and will be made under the authority of the Director of the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
b) Project grant applications shall consist of the following basic components, at a minimum:
1) local project sponsor's name, address and telephone number;
2) existing similar programs within the same geographic area;
3) itemized proposed project cost estimate containing at least 3 price quotes from suppliers of durable equipment;
4) project narrative statement describing the need for the project, the project concept, location and objectives, anticipated benefits, proposed number of veterans assisted and methods of financing or accomplishing the project, including applicant's method of funding costs and expenses not covered by this grant and how the project can be sustained in future years without additional Veterans' Scratch-off Lottery Program grants;
5) proof of status as a governmental or tax-exempt agency;
6) proof the entity is properly licensed to conduct the service proposed;
7) statement of any outstanding obligations owed by the applicant to the State of Illinois.
c) A program information packet may be obtained from the Grant Administrator, Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs, 100 West Randolph, 5th Floor, Chicago IL 60601, telephone 312/814-5744, or from the Department web site at www.veterans.illinois.gov