TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER IV: ILLINOIS STATE TOLL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY
PART 2500 AUTHORIZATION AND OPERATION OF EMERGENCY WRECKER SERVICES ON THE ILLINOIS STATE TOLL HIGHWAY
SECTION 2500.20 STANDARDS FOR ACTING UPON APPLICATIONS FOR WRECKER EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE
Section 2500.20 Standards For Acting Upon Applications For Wrecker Emergency Road Service
a) No application will be acted upon unless the questionnaire application has been completed.
b) The equipment shall be inspected to insure:
1) That emergency vehicles are equipped with a large size 360° dome red flasher, together with one 6" alternating flasher on each side located toward the top at the rear of the vehicle.
2) Power operated winches are required on each vehicle, and hand winches are not permitted under any circumstances.
3) Vehicles must be in good operating condition and have a current safety sticker for the State of Illinois.
c) The garage facility shall include or have available the following:
1) A waiting room and rest rooms.
2) Facilities to handle all types of general automobile repair.
3) Inside storage room for at least one vehicle and outside storage off of a public street and preferably enclosed by a fence.
d) The wrecker emergency road service must be able to provide 24 hour service on calls and preferably be able to provide 24 hour service on minor mechanical repairs.
e) The wrecker emergency road service garage should not be more than 15 minutes travel time from access to the Illinois Tollway.
f) As a general rule, new wrecker emergency road services will be added to the list only in those cases where the present sections of the road do not have more than two authorized stations. If volume of wrecker calls is sufficiently large enough, an additional wrecker service may be added.
g) Any applicant must agree to comply with the "Wrecker Emergency Road Service Rules and Regulations" (92 Ill. Adm. Code 2500.30) as well as the laws and regulations for the Northern Illinois Toll Highway. Deviation from such rules and regulations is cause for being removed from the list of approved wreckers.