TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER III: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER a: COMMERCIAL TRANSPORTATION GENERALLY
PART 1457 HOUSEHOLD GOODS CARRIERS
SECTION 1457.610 ESTIMATE OF CHARGES
Section 1457.610 Estimate of Charges
a) Estimates of the charges in relation to the transportation of household goods shall be based upon an inspection of the goods or upon a shipper's description of the goods, by telephone or other means, confirmed in writing prior to rendition of the service.
b) Estimates of the charges in relation to the transportation of household goods shall be on a Commission approved household goods estimate form. The Commission shall approve any form that:
1) Is identified at the top of the first page as an "Estimate of Charges";
2) Identifies on the first page the name of the carrier as it appears on its Commission license, the address of the carrier at which employees of the carrier are on duty during business hours, and the telephone number of the carrier;
3) Identifies on the first page the name of the shipper and receiver and the addresses at which the goods are to be picked up and delivered;
4) Specifies the number of pieces of equipment and personnel to be used for the transportation of the shipment;
5) Specifies, for hourly rated shipments, the number of hours, including travel time, estimated for the transportation of the shipment;
6) Specifies, for weight rated shipments, the weight and distance estimated for the transportation of the shipment;
7) Includes the description and estimated charges for any accessorial services, including packing, packing materials, valuation, storage, warehouse handling or other charges contained within the carrier's lawfully filed tariffs;
8) Specifies the total estimated cost for the transportation of the shipment;
9) Contains an area verifying that a copy of the Commission's consumer guide to household goods moves was provided to the shipper; and
10) Does not contain provisions contrary to this Part.
c) A signed copy of the estimate shall be delivered to the shipper before rendition of the service, and a copy shall be maintained by the carrier as part of its records.
d) If the total tariff charges for any shipment exceed the estimated charges plus 10%, the shipper shall become entitled to credit terms from the carrier tendering the shipment for delivery to cover that portion of the total charges that exceeds 110% of the estimated charges. The carrier, in such event, shall advise the shipper that he/she has up to 30 days to pay these additional charges amounting to the balance between the applicable tariff charges and the estimate for the move plus 10%.
(Source: Amended at 31 Ill. Reg. 3156, effective March 1, 2007)