TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER III: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER a: COMMERCIAL TRANSPORTATION GENERALLY
PART 1457 HOUSEHOLD GOODS CARRIERS
SECTION 1457.600 BILLS OF LADING AND FREIGHT BILLS
Section 1457.600 Bills of Lading and Freight Bills
a) Issuance of the bill of lading. At the time a shipment is picked up, all carriers shall issue a bill of lading indicating the commodities transported, the weight or other unit used to compute freight charges, the points of origin and destination, and the names of the consignor and consignee.
b) Information required on the bill of lading. Whenever a bill of lading is issued in compliance with subsection (a) of this Section, the carrier shall show, in addition to the information specified in subsection (a), the following information:
1) The names of the carriers participating in the transportation of the shipment;
2) The name, physical address, and telephone number of the office of the carrier who should be contacted in relation to the shipment, should there be a need for contact;
3) The name, physical address, and telephone number of a person to whom notification provided for in Section 1457.90(e) shall be given, except when this cannot be obtained from the shipper;
4) With regard to pickup and delivery the:
A) Agreed pickup date;
B) Actual pickup date;
C) Agreed delivery date or the agreed period of time within which delivery of the shipment is expected at the final destination;
5) Where applicable, the estimated amount due to the carrier to obtain possession of a Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) shipment;
6) A statement that, unless the shipper expressly releases the shipment to a value of 30 cents per pound per article, the carrier's maximum liability for loss of or damage to the shipment shall be an amount equal to $2 for each pound of weight in the shipment or the lump sum value declared by the shipper on this form, whichever is greater.
c) Issuance of a freight bill. After rendition of the service, all carriers shall issue to the person responsible for payment of freight charges a freight bill indicating the total charge for transportation service.
d) The bill of lading and the freight bill may be combined in a single document.
e) The bill of lading and freight bill shall each be consecutively numbered.
f) Bill of lading contract terms. The contractual provisions governing shipments under this Part shall include, as implied terms, the provisions in the governing tariffs of each carrier.
(Source: Amended at 31 Ill. Reg. 3156, effective March 1, 2007)