TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER III: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER a: COMMERCIAL TRANSPORTATION GENERALLY
PART 1230 COMPETITIVE BIDS FOR TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED TO UNITS OF GOVERNMENT
SECTION 1230.10 MATERIALS TO BE FILED
Section 1230.10 Materials to be Filed
a) The following may be filed in lieu of tariffs with regard to transportation for the United States, the State of Illinois, or any municipality or subdivision of this State where it is required by law that the carrier be selected by competitive bid:
1) A copy of the request for bids, if any;
2) A copy of the carrier's competitive bid;
3) A transmittal letter from the carrier identifying the carrier and license number;
4) A copy of the contract as awarded and signed by the parties or the notice of award of bid if no written contract is signed; and
5) A letter from either the carrier or the shipper, identifying the law which requires that the carrier be selected by competitive bid, in accordance with subsection (b)(7).
b) The following information must be identified in subsections (a)(1)-(5) above:
1) the unit of government for which transportation is to be provided;
2) the origin and destination of the transportation;
3) the commodities involved;
4) accessorial services to be provided by the carrier;
5) the rates bid by the carrier;
6) the date the bid was accepted and the contract awarded; and
7) the specific statute, regulations or ordinance requiring that the carrier be selected by competitive bid.
c) The material required by subsections (a) and (b) must be filed at least 1 day prior to the commencement of the transportation subject to the rates.
d) Information may be provided on the Illinois Commerce Commission's ("Commission") Competitive Bid of Transportation for Units of Government form. Forms are available from the Commission at its offices in Springfield and Chicago.