TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER III: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER a: COMMERCIAL TRANSPORTATION GENERALLY
PART 1225 PUBLICATION, POSTING AND FILING OF TARIFFS, CONTRACTS, SCHEDULES AND RELATED DOCUMENTS
SECTION 1225.815 AMENDMENTS TO LOOSE-LEAF TARIFFS
Section 1225.815 Amendments to Loose-leaf Tariffs
a) New pages added at the end of the tariff shall be designated as "Original" and consecutively numbered beginning with the number following the number of the last page of the original tariff.
b) Other new pages shall be designated as "Original" and given the same number as an existing page (if the tariff contains pages printed on both sides of the sheet, use the higher number) followed by a single suffix letter, in alphabetical sequence starting with "A". No other system or variation may be used.
c) Both sides of a sheet shall be given page numbers when adding new pages to a tariff containing pages printed on both sides of the sheets. If one side is intentionally left blank, the page shall contain a statement to that effect.
d) Amendment of a title page shall be made by reprinting it and giving it a revision number. The first amendment shall be designated as "1st Revised Title Page", and so on in consecutive numerical order. Revised title pages shall show the following under their effective date: "Original Tariff effective (here show the effective date of the original tariff)." The revised page shall specifically cancel all the uncanceled title pages to the same tariff. The cancellation shall be shown with the new designation, for example, "1st Revised Title Page cancel Original Title Page."
e) For pages that are not title pages:
1) Amendment of a page shall be made by reprinting it and giving it a revision number. The first amendment shall be designated as "1st Revised Page ," cancels original Page ," and so on in consecutive numerical order. Suffixes or prefixes may be used. See Section 1225.65(b). The revised page designations shall be shown in the same corner as original page designations are shown.
2) If the pages being amended are to a tariff which contains pages printed on both sides of the sheets, both sides of the sheets shall be reprinted. If changes are not being made in the tariff matter on one side of the sheet, the following notation shall be shown with the new revision number: "Change in revision number only."
3) Revised pages shall cancel all uncanceled pages in the same series. The cancellation shall be shown with the new designation, e.g., "2nd Revised Page 10 cancels 1st Revised Page 10."
f) If a page is rejected, its designation (i.e., "original," "1st Revised," etc.) may not be used again in that series. The rejected page may not be referred to on a subsequent page as having been canceled, amended or withdrawn. The page issued in its place shall use the next revision number and bear the following:
Issued in placed of (here identify the rejected page), rejected by the Commission.
g) Except as otherwise authorized, loose-leaf tariffs may not be further amended when the number of sheets (including check sheets) containing canceled pages would exceed six times the number of sheets (including check sheets) containing canceled pages would exceed six times the number of sheets (including check sheets) containing effective pages. This limitation may be exceeded if necessary to comply initially with a Commission decision or if specifically authorized pursuant to Section 1225.15.
h) If a revised page omits rates or other provisions which had been shown on the page it cancels, the disposition of the omitted matter shall be indicated.
1) If the matter is transferred to another tariff or to another page in the same tariff, that shall be stated.
2) If transferred to another page, the page to which it is transferred shall contain the following notation, or an explanation of the transfer in some other manner, directly with the transferred matter:
For (here state whether rates, rules, provisions, etc., as appropriate) previously in effect, see page(s) ____.
3) If the matter is canceled or expired and not transferred, the page shall so indicate, identifying the canceled or expired matter only to the extent necessary to show what is affected.
i) If five or more pages of a tariff are to be reissued at one time with the same effective date to cancel all provisions or to transfer all provisions to other pages, the reissue and the cancellation may be accomplished by a single printing, showing the individual cancellations. (If for a tariff which has pages printed on both sides of the sheets, this method may only be used when both pages of any particular sheet are being canceled or transferred.)
1) The reissued matter shall clearly show the designation of the page(s) to which matter is being transferred. See subsection (i) of this Section.
2) Where the page designation for that tariff would otherwise appear (i.e., the upper left-hand or upper right-hand corner), the following shall be shown, completed:
____ Revised Page ____.
Cancels Revised Page ____.
3) The automatic cancellation provisions of subsection (g) of this Section may not be used with this procedure.
4) This procedure may not be used when new or other provisions are to be substituted on the pages. However, the pages may be subsequently reissued individually in the regular manner.
j) The check sheet (see Section 1225.405(b)) shall be reissued and filed with the filing of any amendment. The revised check sheet shall:
1) List all effective pages in numerical sequence;
2) Show the latest designation of each page;
3) Indicate those pages which have been revised or added since the previous check sheet;
4) Indicate those pages or supplements which contain only matter under suspension or held in force by reason of suspension; and
5) List all effective, or filed and yet to be effective, supplements.
k) If the "correction number, check off" type of check sheet is used, loose-leaf page amendments issued and filed at one time shall show the same correction number. The first filing shall bear correction No. 1, the second correction No. 2, and so on in consecutive order. In lieu of the foregoing, carriers or agents utilizing the "correction, check off" type of check sheet may issue a file loose-leaf page amendments with sequentially numbered correction numbers. An explanation of the correction numbering system shall be given.
l) Supplements (except supplements canceled by other supplements of like or similar character or content) shall be canceled by reissue of the check sheet containing the updated list of pages, adding the words "also cancels Supplement No. ___" immediately following the words "cancels page ____".
m) Any indexes or tables of contents shall be amended concurrently with changes in the contents of the tariff to show additions, cancellations, and changes as to points and commodities.
n) Supplements to loose-leaf tariffs may be used for the following purposes:
1) Conversion or percentage supplements to provide general rate changes. See Section 1225.935.
2) Transfer or cancellation of provisions, see Subpart K.
3) Suspended matter, see Subpart M.
4) Seasonal rates or fares, see Subpart Z.
5) Transfer of operations (change in name and control), see Subpart L.
6) Take-over publications (transfer of agent), see Subparts B and C; or
7) Postponement of tariffs or tariff matter, see Subpart M.