TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER II: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 1100 RULES OF THE ROAD - HANDICAPPED PARKING
SECTION 1100.10 APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR PLATES AND DECALS OR DEVICES
Section 1100.10 Application Procedures for Plates and Decals or Devices
a) If a person wishes to apply for a person-with-disabilities license plate, he/she must be resident of the State of Illinois and shall submit the following to the Secretary of State:
1) The certification on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State completed by the competent medical specialist and the applicant;
2) The current registration card or a copy of the title if the vehicle is registered in the applicant's name or the title or the manufacturer's certificate of origin if the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name; and
3) The application form prescribed by the Secretary of State and statutory fee as provided for in Section 5/3-806 of the Certificates of Title and Registration of Vehicles Law of the Illinois Vehicle Code [625 ILCS 5/3-806].
b) If a person wishes to apply for a person-with-disabilities parking decal or device, he/she must be a resident of the State of Illinois and shall submit the following to the Secretary of State or authorized unit of local government:
1) The certification form completed by the competent medical specialist and applicant unless the person has been issued a disabled veteran or person-with-disabilities license and has a certification form on file or the person has an Illinois Disabled Person's ID card with a 1a or 2a classification as provided in Section 24 of the Illinois Identification Card Act; or
2) A copy of the individual's State of Illinois identification card, disabled veteran identification card, person-with-disabilities identification card, or State of Illinois Driver's License. In the case of a person with disabilities who is under the age of 18, the identification card number of the minor's parent or legal guardian may be submitted.
c) The physician certification form shall contain the following items:
1) The definition of a "person with disabilities" as outlined in 625 ILCS 5/1-159.1 and contained in Section 1100.5;
2) An indication from the competent medical specialist as to the qualifying disability;
3) Indication from the competent medical specialist whether the disability is permanent or temporary. If temporary, the competent medical specialist shall also indicate the anticipated duration of the disability (not to exceed 6 months);
4) The certifying competent medical specialist's name, address, telephone number, professional license number, and signature;
5) The applicant's name, address, telephone number, social security number, and driver's license number or State identification number;
6) The vehicle identification number and license plate number for the one or two primary vehicles used to transport the person with disabilities; and
7) The name, address, phone number, relationship to the disabled individual, and signature of the family member who is the owner of the vehicle upon which the person with disabilities relies for his/her mode of transportation, and that he/she does not own a vehicle in his/her name, if the vehicle is not owned by the applicant having the disability.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 917, effective January 6, 2006)