TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER II: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 1030 ISSUANCE OF LICENSES
SECTION 1030.APPENDIX A QUESTIONS ASKED OF A DRIVER'S LICENSE APPLICANT
Section 1030.APPENDIX A Questions Asked of a Driver's License Applicant
The following questions shall appear on or be provided with an application for a driver's license:
If you are applying for an Identification (ID) Card review questions 1 and 2; for a Driver's License, review questions 1 through 7; for a Commercial Driver's License, review questions 1 through 10.
1) Is your driver's license or ID card or privilege to obtain a license or ID card suspended, revoked, canceled or refused in any state or country under this or any other name? (If yes, a letter of clearance is required.)
2) Do you presently hold a valid driver's license or ID card in this or any other state?
3) Is your driver's license being held by a court in lieu of bail?
4) Are you currently under a court order of guardianship? (If yes, a medical report is required.)
5) Do you have any condition that might cause a temporary loss of consciousness? (If yes, a physician's statement and a signed medical agreement are required.)
6) Do you have any mental or physical condition that might interfere with safe driving? (If yes, a physician's statement and a signed medical agreement are required.)
7) Do you use any drugs, including prescription medication, or alcohol to an extent that they impair your driving ability or has a court committed you to a mental health facility within the last 4 years? (If yes, a medical report is required.)
8) If you are under age 18 and this is your initial application for a Graduated Driver's License, have you been issued any citation for which a disposition has not yet been rendered by a court of law?
9) Are your commercial driver's license privileges currently disqualified or subject to an out-of-service order?
10)____ Do you certify that you meet the "Qualifications of Driver's" portion of Part 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and operate in non-excepted interstate commerce? (If the applicant answers yes to this question, the applicant checks a box marked "NI". If the applicant answers no to this question, the applicant must check one of 3 boxes that set forth the type of driving in which the applicant will engage.)
11) Do you certify that you meet the hearing requirements outlined in 49 CFR 391.41(b)(11)?
I understand that my social security number will be disclosed to other states pursuant to the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 (applies only to CDL applicants).
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 20039, effective October 1, 2014)