TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER II: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 1030 ISSUANCE OF LICENSES
SECTION 1030.12 IDENTIFICATION CARDS FOR THE HOMELESS
Section 1030.12 Identification Cards for the Homeless
a) An applicant for an identification card who otherwise qualifies for an identification card and who submits a completed homeless status certification, completed no longer than 90 days before the date of application, shall be issued an identification card at no cost.
b) The homeless status certification may be completed and signed by:
1) a representative of a homeless service agency that receives federal, State, county or municipal funding to provide those services or that is otherwise sanctioned by local continuum of care;
2) an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois;
3) a public school homeless liaison or school social worker;
4) a human services provider funded by the State of Illinois to serve homeless or runaway youth, individuals with mental illness or individuals with addictions; or
5) a representative of a religious organization that offers services to the homeless.
c) The homeless status certification must also be signed by the applicant seeking the identification card.
d) The homeless status certification must be executed in front of a notary public.
(Source: Added at 34 Ill. Reg. 9457, effective June 23, 2010)