TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER II: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 1010 CERTIFICATES OF TITLE, REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES
SECTION 1010.775 CERTIFICATE OF SAFETY
Section 1010.775 Certificate of Safety
a) The I.V.C. provides that certain vehicles of the 2nd Division and subject to inspection must display a valid certificate of safety.
b) Exempt from these requirements are the following vehicles of the 2nd Division:
1) Those vehicles used for carrying more than 10 persons and subject to the jurisdiction of the Illinois Commerce Commission.
2) Municipal buses displaying plates issued under Section 3-807 of the I.V.C.
3) Semitrailers or trailers having a gross weight of 5,000 pounds or less.
4) Recreational vehicles defined by Sections 1-169, 1-109, 1-127, 1-165 of the I.V.C. and displaying recreational vehicle plates.
5) Farm Tractors.
6) Farm Machinery and Implements of Husbandry.
7) Farm wagons, wagon trailers or like vehicles when used in agricultural pursuits.
8) Vehicles of non-resident interstate carriers in compliance with federal requirements.
9) Vehicles bearing Illinois "antique" plates or foreign vehicles eligible therefor.
10) Vehicles with permanently mounted machinery or equipment eligible for registration under Section 3-812 of the I.V.C.
11) House trailers equipped and used for living quarters or for human habitation.
c) All applications for registrations of those vehicles which are subject to inspection shall be accompanied by proof that a valid and unrevoked certificate of safety has been issued for such vehicles except:
Semitrailers owned by leasing companies and leased truck operators of trucks which are in compliance with Chapter 13 of the I.V.C.