TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER II: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 1001 PROCEDURES AND STANDARDS
SECTION 1001.730 MOTOR VEHICLE REVIEW BOARD MEETINGS
Section 1001.730 Motor Vehicle Review Board Meetings
a) The annual meeting of the Board shall be held at a Secretary of State office or facility in either Chicago or Springfield as determined by the Chairperson. In addition to those responsibilities set forth in the Act, the following shall be accomplished at the annual meeting, but not limited thereto:
1) Formally adopt this Subpart G as its regulations for the holding and conducting of hearings concerning all matters within its powers;
2) Determine the members duties and responsibilities where practical;
3) Set or adopt a previously set tentative schedule of meetings for the year;
4) Set out concerns and or needs to be addressed by the Secretary to help implement the Act, including a review of the administrative rules adopted and any suggested amendments thereto;
5) Suggest to the Secretary in writing legislative changes to the Act.
b) The Board shall hold at a minimum quarterly meetings throughout the year for the following purposes, but not limited thereto:
1) Reviewing notices of protest and deciding how each should be handled;
2) Reviewing recommendations from hearing officers, exceptions and briefs from the parties, and issuing final orders;
3) Addressing any issue that may be discussed at an annual meeting.
c) The quarterly or sooner meetings may be held in person, by telephone, or by other electronic means at the discretion of the Chairperson. In either event, the meeting shall originate at a facility of the Secretary in either Chicago or Springfield.
(Source: Amended at 23 Ill. Reg. 692, effective January 15, 1999)