TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER j: RAILROADS
PART 800 RAIL FREIGHT PROGRAM
SECTION 800.130 PUBLIC REVIEW OF STATE RAIL PLAN UPDATE
Section 800.130 Public Review of State Rail Plan Update
a) The detailed line analyses will be published in the State Rail Plan Update or as individual amendments thereto. They will be available for public review from the Department. Notification of updates and amendments will be placed in the official State paper and project area local papers. This will provide all interested parties with the opportunity to review each project analyzed and understand the benefits and cost associated with each project. The State Rail Plan Update will contain the following items:
1) Documentation of any changes in Department rules which may affect the plan.
2) Evaluations of the efficacy of the project(s) for employment retention or development associated with continued or new rail services as described in Section 800.20 under "Economic Benefits."
3) Updated information from previous published plans or amendments (if any) which have been found to be incomplete or incorrect as a result of actions on the part of shippers, railroads, or units of local government.
4) A list of lines abandoned or services which have been discontinued since the last submission of the Plan Update.
5) Changes in State legislation affecting State funds for rail purposes.
6) Other updates and analyses as may be appropriate as a result of actions by railroad companies, the Interstate Commerce Commission, or other State agencies, such as:
A) changes in System Diagram Maps produced by railroads;
B) petitions for abandonment under 49 U.S.C. 109 (1985) or Ill. Rev. Stat. 1985, ch. 95½, pars. 18C-1701 et seq., or Interstate or Illinois Commerce Commission actions on such petitions.
b) Notice of the opportunity for a public hearing on the Rail Plan shall be published. The public shall be allowed thirty days to review and comment on each project analyzed. Notice of the hearing shall be published.