TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER h: PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
PART 653 STATE OPERATING ASSISTANCE TO DOWNSTATE AREAS
SECTION 653.330 NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE IN SERVICES
Section 653.330 Notification of Change in Services
a) The participant shall file a Notification of Change in Services on a form prescribed by the Department at least 30 days prior to the participant's implementation of a proposed change in services when the change in services was not included in the application. If the participant does not file a Notification of Change in Services form at least 30 days prior to the implementation of the proposed change in services, the participant must not implement the change in services. The Notification of Change in Services shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
1) the nature of the proposed change;
2) whether the proposed change is in an approved planning document; and
3) a description of, and the budgetary impact of, the proposed change that includes an estimate of the increase or decrease in operational expenses, revenues and ridership and an indication of the extent to which the service change will require additional equipment acquisition or reduction in equipment usage or needs.
b) A change in service means any of the following:
1) new service areas;
2) discontinuance of routes and/or service areas;
3) a structural revision of routes;
4) a change in hours or days of service; or
5) execution or termination of a purchased transportation contract.
c) A change in service does not mean:
1) temporary changes, e.g., routing due to temporary road closures, seasonal adjustments, natural disasters or emergencies; or
2) any changes described in subsection (b) that result in less than a 20% increase or decrease in total service provided or fares collected.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 13142, effective August 24, 2010)