TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER h: PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
PART 653 STATE OPERATING ASSISTANCE TO DOWNSTATE AREAS
SECTION 653.110 APPLICATION CONTENTS
Section 653.110 Application Contents
a) Operating assistance applications shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
1) A cover letter stating that the applicant is applying for operating assistance funds. The cover letter shall contain the applicant's name, address and certification that the information provided is true and correct.
2) A description of the applicant including, but not limited to, service area, service characteristics, transit system management, transit and special taxing authority, year and means created, e.g., by statute, home rule or interstate compact, the name and title of the person directly responsible for supervising the applicant's proposed expenditures, the name and title of the person authorized to submit and execute the application, and name and title of the person authorized to certify financial reports.
3) A summary consisting of total estimated operating expenses, revenues, income and deficits for the next fiscal year, 65% of the estimated eligible operating expenses for the next fiscal year and a certification that the expenses will be for public transportation in Illinois or the service area approved by the Department. (See Section 2-7(b) of the Act.)
4) A summary consisting of projected total operating revenues and expenses including, but not limited to, those associated with passenger fares; special transit fares; school bus service revenues; freight tariffs; charter service revenues; auxiliary transportation revenues; non-transportation revenues; taxes levied directly by transit system, local cash grants and reimbursement; local special fare assistance; State cash grants and reimbursements; State special fare assistance, federal grants and reimbursements; contributed services; labor costs; salaries and wages; fringe benefits; services; materials and supplies; utility, casualty and liability costs; taxes; purchased transportation services; miscellaneous expenses; debt service, including principal and interest, on publicly-owned equipment or facilities; interest expenses for short-term operating loans; and lease and rentals. (See Section 2-2.04 of the Act.)
5) Operating information, itemized according to fixed route service and demand response service (including deviated fixed route service), including, but not limited to, total service miles and hours, number of vehicles, passenger trips, and facilities and equipment inventory.
6) Passenger trips shall be broken out by service type and by the following categories: general public; seniors who are at least 65 years old and who are receiving free or reduced fare transportation; people with disabilities who are receiving free or reduced fare transportation; and students who are receiving reduced-fare transportation.
7) Information regarding purchased transportation, including, but not limited to, a description of the public transportation services and products to be purchased, relevant information regarding the provider of the purchased services, the number and type of revenue and non-revenue vehicles, and operating revenues and expenses as detailed in Subpart B of this Part.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 13142, effective August 24, 2010)