TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER h: PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
PART 651 REGULATIONS FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE TO NEW PROGRAMS IN NONURBANIZED AREAS
SECTION 651.205 JOINT APPLICATIONS
Section 651.205 Joint Applications
a) The unique nature of public transportation needs of small urban and rural areas may lead to the formation of proposed programs that extend beyond the geographic boundaries of any single participant. Therefore, in cases where two participants are located within one county, or where a program to serve two or more adjoining counties is being proposed, the participants involved may submit a joint application. Any participant who wishes to submit an application that includes the provision of transportation services outside its geographic boundaries may do so provided that the assurances submitted by the participant as part of the application for Section 18 assistance cover the entire service area proposed in the application.
b) All participants included under a joint application shall agree upon and designate one participant to be the primary participant to be responsible for the following functions:
1) Receiving and expending Section 18 funds granted under the joint application.
2) Preparing and submitting quarterly reimbursement requests to the Department for eligible operating or capital expenses for the approved program.
3) Submitting such information on program performance as the Department may require.
4) Maintaining adequate records, carrying out all grant administration activities, and submitting required audits for the approved programs.
c) Joint applications filed with the Department must contain copies of agreements between the primary participant and each other participant. Each agreement must contain the following information:
1) A description of the service to be provided within the service area of each participant.
2) The amount that each participant will contribute to the program to be funded under the joint application.
3) A designation of the primary participant as provided in Subparagraph (b) of this Section.
4) A certified copy of the resolution passed by each participant's governing board authorizing the participant to execute the agreement.
5) Copies of all the assurances required in the Department's application forms signed by each participant. The assurances given by an individual participant need only be for that portion of the proposed program that is to provide service within the individual participant's service area.