TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER e: TRAFFIC SAFETY (EXCEPT HAZARDOUS MATERIALS)
PART 454 RATES TO BE CHARGED BY OFFICIAL TESTING STATIONS FOR VEHICLES OTHER THAN SCHOOL BUSES
SECTION 454.50 RULES OF CONSTRUCTION
Section 454.50 Rules of Construction
a) In these Rules unless the context requires otherwise:
1) Words imparting the singular include the plural;
2) Words imparting the plural include the singular;
3) Words imparting the masculine gender include the feminine.
b) In these Rules, the word:
1) "Shall" is used in an imperative sense;
2) "Must" is used in an imperative sense;
3) "Should" is used in a recommendatory sense;
4) "May" is used in a permissive sense to state authority or permission to do the act described and the words "no person may *** " or "a person may not *** " means that no person is required, authorized or permitted to do the act described; and
5) "Includes" is used as a word of inclusion not limitation.