TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER e: TRAFFIC SAFETY (EXCEPT HAZARDOUS MATERIALS)
PART 446 RATES TO BE CHARGED BY OFFICIAL TESTING STATIONS FOR SCHOOL BUSES
SECTION 446.602 COMPLAINTS
Section 446.602 Complaints
a) Whenever any person intends to complain to the Department about the justness or reasonableness of any rate or charge filed by any operator with the Department, that person shall make the complaint in writing and mail or submit it to: Commercial Vehicle Safety Section, Illinois Department of Transportation, 1340 North 9th Street, P.O. Box 19212, Springfield, Illinois 62794-9212.
b) Each complaint shall include:
1) the name, address and telephone number of the person making the complaint;
2) a statement whether the complainant owns or operates an Official Testing Station, and if applicable, the name, business address and telephone number of that Official Testing Station;
3) the name and, if known, the business address, of the operator against whom the person complains;
4) A description or statement of the rates about which the person complains;
5) a statement setting forth in detail the specific facts and reasons why the person believes the rates about which that person complains are unjust or unreasonable; and
6) any information, document or other matters upon which the person relies.
c) The facts asserted in any complaint must be sworn to by persons having knowledge of those facts. Except under unusual circumstances, those persons should be available to appear as witnesses at a hearing convened by the Department to substantiate the facts asserted should a hearing become necessary.
d) An original copy of the complaint shall be filed with the Department. The original must show the signature, capacity and impression seal, if any, of the person administering the oath, and the date of the oath.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 3551, effective February 10, 2011)