TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER d: MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY REGULATIONS
PART 386 PROCEDURES AND ENFORCEMENT
SECTION 386.1050 INVESTIGATIONS
Section 386.1050 Investigations
The Department may conduct investigations (Section 18b-102(b) of the Law) relating to compliance by any person with any provision of these Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (MCSR) (92 Ill. Adm. Code 386, 390, 391, 392, 393, 395, 396, and 397) and any order issued thereunder, or any court decree relating thereto.
Information received in an investigation under this Section, including the identity of the person investigated and any other person who provides information during the investigation, shall remain confidential, but only to the extent that disclosure would:
1) interfere with pending or actually and reasonably contemplated law enforcement proceedings conducted by any law enforcement agency;
2) interfere with pending administrative enforcement proceedings conducted by the Department;
3) deprive a person of a fair trial or an impartial hearing;
4) unavoidably disclose the identity of a confidential source or confidential information furnished only by the confidential source;
5) disclose unique or specialized investigative techniques other than those generally used and known;
6) endanger the life or physical safety of law enforcement personnel or any other person; or
7) obstruct an ongoing criminal investigation.