TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER c: HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRANSPORTATION REGULATIONS
PART 180 CONTINUING QUALIFICATION AND MAINTENANCE OF PACKAGING
SECTION 180.2000 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF 49 CFR 180
Section 180.2000 Incorporation by Reference of 49 CFR 180
a) As Part 180 of the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations, the Department incorporates 49 CFR 180 by reference, as that part of the federal hazardous materials transportation regulations was in effect on October 1, 2004, subject only to the exceptions in subsection (b) of this Section. No later amendments to or editions of 49 CFR 180 are incorporated.
b) The following interpretations of, additions to and deletions from 49 CFR 180 shall apply for purposes of this Part.
1) All references to "this part" in the incorporated federal regulations shall mean Part 180 of the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations.
2) All references to "this chapter" or "this subchapter" in the incorporated federal regulations shall mean 92 Ill. Adm. Code: Chapter I, Subchapter c.
3) All references to a section of the regulations in the incorporated federal regulations shall be read to refer to that Section in the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations.
4) All references to part 174, 175, or 176 or to sections therein shall be read to refer to those parts or sections in the federal hazardous materials transportation regulations.
5) All references to shipments of hazardous materials by air, water and rail are incorporated for reference purposes only for those persons contemplating intermodal movements of hazardous materials.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 711, effective December 20, 2004)