TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER c: HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRANSPORTATION REGULATIONS
PART 172 HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS COMMUNICATIONS
SECTION 172.2000 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF 49 CFR 172
Section 172.2000 Incorporation by Reference of 49 CFR 172
a) As Part 172 of the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations, the Department incorporates 49 CFR 172 by reference, as that part of the federal hazardous materials transportation regulations was in effect on October 1, 2004, as amended at 69 FR 75208, December 15, 2004 subject only to the exceptions in subsection (b) of this Section. No later amendments to or editions of 49 CFR 172 are incorporated.
b) The following interpretations of, additions to and deletions from 49 CFR 172 shall apply for purposes of this Part.
1) All references to "this part" in the incorporated federal regulations shall mean Part 172 of the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations.
2) All references to "this chapter" or "this subchapter" in the incorporated federal regulations shall mean 92 Ill. Adm. Code: Chapter I, Subchapter c.
3) All references to a section of the regulations in the incorporated federal regulations shall be read to refer to that Section in the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations.
4) All references to part 174, 175 or 176 or to sections therein shall be read to refer to those parts or sections in the federal hazardous materials transportation regulations.
5) All references to shipment of hazardous materials by air, water and rail are incorporated for reference purposes only for those persons contemplating intermodal movements of hazardous materials.
6) Any changes to 49 CFR 172 made effective by U.S. DOT Rulemaking Docket HM-187 (49 FR 21933 (May 24, 1984)) covering small arms ammunition are not incorporated.
(Source: Amended by peremptory rulemaking at 29 Ill. Reg. 1402, effective January 6, 2005)