TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IX: ATTORNEY GENERAL
PART 1100 PROGRAMMATIC AND FISCAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMINISTERING FUNDS UNDER THE VIOLENT CRIME VICTIMS ASSISTANCE ACT
SECTION 1100.140 SPECIAL PROJECT FUNDING
Section 1100.140 Special Project Funding
a) Special Projects
Any public or private non-profit agency that provides or coordinates services to victims and witnesses of crime may apply for special project funding under this Section, either separately or in addition to funding for programs described in this Part.
1) Such projects must serve to implement an eligible service as defined in Section 8 of the Violent Crime Victims Assistance Act. For example, the translation of educational materials from English to another language may qualify as a special project insofar as it furthers the goal of providing public education on crime and crime victims.
2) Special projects should be designed to last for a specific period of time.
3) Projects eligible for funding should have a specific goal. When this goal is accomplished, the special project is completed. A special project may not be an ongoing service. An example of a special project would be the translation of written materials for distribution to a target population.
b) Target Populations
1) Agencies or programs that provide services to violent crime victims or witnesses, including but not limited to the target populations described in this Part, may apply for special project funding provided that the proposed projects meet the eligibility criteria set forth in this Section.
2) The population to be served must be defined both in terms of the type of victim and/or witness to be served and the victim issue to be addressed. It is recommended that a needs assessment summary accompany such proposals.
3) Agencies or programs requesting funds for training must detail the target population, the victim/witness population to be addressed, materials to be produced or utilized, proposed agendas, and anticipated time frames.
(Source: Amended at 22 Ill. Reg. 17438, effective September 28, 1998)