TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER f: EDUCATION FACILITIES
PART 830 NON-ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND POLICIES
SECTION 830.130 STUDENT ACTIVITIES REQUIRING APPROVAL OF PARENTS
Section 830.130 Student Activities Requiring Approval of Parents
Unless a student is 18 years of age or older:
a) Consent/approval is required at the beginning of each school year for each of the following activities and shall remain in effect for the remainder of that school year or until it is modified or revoked by the parents.
1) Competing in interscholastic athletic activities. Each sport in which the student may compete during the year must be listed on the consent form.
2) Traveling out of state on a school-sponsored activity. The date, destination and purpose of each scheduled out of state trip the student may take during the year must be listed on the consent form.
3) Using the student's picture or other identifying information in news releases, brochures or other publication (Section 830.10).
4) Leaving campus with someone other than the student's parents or a staff member or student of the State School (Section 830.110). Each person who may take the student off campus during the year must be listed on the consent form. Parents may add or delete names during the year.
b) A specific consent/approval is required prior to each of the following activities and shall remain in effect for only the period specified on the consent form or until it is modified or revoked by the parents.
1) Receiving the annual flu vaccination when it is available to the students at the State School (Section 830.50).
2) Engaging in such religious activities as baptism, first communion, or confirmation.
3) Receiving psychological assessments in such areas as aptitude, general mental ability, personality, achievement and vocational interests (89 Ill. Adm. Code 765).
4) Receiving ongoing individual or group counseling (89 Ill. Adm. Code 765).
5) Including the student or identifying information about him or her in research projects by universities, other agencies, or by individuals (89 Ill. Adm. Code 505).
c) Students 18 years of age and older that are legally competent have the right to sign consent forms on their own behalf.
(Source: Amended at 23 Ill. Reg. 10220, effective August 10, 1999)