TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER f: EDUCATION FACILITIES
PART 830 NON-ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND POLICIES
SECTION 830.90 SAFETY AND SANITATION
Section 830.90 Safety and Sanitation
a) Each State School shall request:
1) at least an annual inspection by the Illinois Department of Public Health or the local health department of all its buildings which are used by the students. These inspections shall give special attention to dietary service; health service; lavatory, bath, and toilet facilities; pest control; and ventilation.
2) at least an annual inspection of all its buildings and related systems by the State Fire Marshal and/or the local fire department.
3) the resources of the Capital Development Board and the Department of Central Management Services, as needed, in the maintenance and repair of its buildings.
b) Each State School shall comply with the Illinois Department of Labor's Health and Safety rules set forth at 56 Ill. Adm. Code 350 in relation to the safety of the State School's employees and students.
c) Each State School superintendent shall fulfill his or her responsibilities for maintaining the State School's grounds and buildings in such a manner that there will be no unusual hazards which will endanger students, staff, or the public.
d) To the extent that funds are available, each State School shall maintain equipment in good repair, but regardless of funds:
1) all boilers shall be installed, maintained, repaired and inspected per 41 Ill. Adm. Code 120, in accordance with the schedules and procedures specified by the State Fire Marshal.
2) all elevators shall be inspected in accordance with the schedules and procedures specified by the responsible agency in the city in which the State School is located.
3) all x-ray equipment shall be inspected in accordance with the schedule and procedures specified by the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety (32 Ill. Adm. Code 310.50).
e) Each State School shall maintain written plans for such emergencies as fires and tornadoes. The plan for fire drills shall include all of the requirements of the State Fire Marshal's rules concerning fire drills in the State Schools at 41 Ill. Adm. Code 110.20 and shall be explained to all students and staff. At least one drill each school year shall be at a time when most of the students are normally asleep.
(Source: Amended at 23 Ill. Reg. 10220, effective August 10, 1999)