TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER f: EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES
PART 829 SEX EQUITY
SECTION 829.40 TREATMENT OF STUDENTS
Section 829.40 Treatment of Students
a) No student shall, on the basis of sex, be denied equal access to programs, activities, services or benefits or be limited in the exercise of any right, privilege, advantage or opportunity.
b) A School shall apply the same system and program admission standards for both sexes.
c) A School shall not set quotas limiting the number of either male or female students who will be admitted to the School's programs, courses or activities unless the quotas have the effect of furthering affirmative action goals established by the School to overcome the effects of conditions that resulted in limited participation in a program or activity by persons of a particular sex.
d) Graduation requirements shall be the same for both sexes.
e) No student shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or potential marital or parental status.
1) Pregnancy shall be treated as any other temporary disability.
2) Pregnancy or parenthood shall not be considered cause for dismissal or exclusion from any program or activity.
3) Participation in special programs provided for pregnant students or students who are parents shall be at the student's option.
4) The School shall eliminate administrative and programmatic barriers to school attendance and school completion by pregnant students or students who are parents.
5) The School will not pay for medical care directly related to pregnancy or for child care for the children of students.
f) No student shall be subjected to sexual intimidation or harassment by any School employee, by other students, or by the effect of any school policy or practice.
g) A School shall not discriminate on the basis of sex in the bestowing of awards, honors, scholarships and financial aid.
h) A School may not discriminate on the basis of sex in the provision of employment opportunities for students; a School may not enter into work-study or cooperative employment agreements with employers who discriminate against students on the basis of sex.
i) The Schools' discipline policies and practices shall not discriminate on the basis of sex.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 6368, effective April 25, 2013)