TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER f: EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES
PART 765 SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM AND SERVICES
SECTION 765.60 WRITTEN POLICIES
Section 765.60 Written Policies
a) Written policies shall be developed by each State School to govern the method by which student information will be collected, the confidential nature of that information, the use to which it will be put, how it will be recorded and maintained, the period for which it will be maintained, the persons to whom it will be available and under what circumstances. All such policies shall be consistent with:
1) The Illinois School Student Records Act [105 ILCS 10];
2) Student Records (23 Ill. Adm. Code 375);
3) The Illinois Program for Evaluation, Supervision, and Recognition of Schools, State Board of Education Document Number 1, 1985;
4) the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 USC 1232(g));
5) Illinois Department of Human Services' policies on Confidentiality (89 Ill. Adm. Code 505) and Access to Public Records (2 Ill. Adm. Code 1176);
6) Sec. 2a of the Communicable Disease Prevention Act [410 ILCS 315];
7) The AIDS Confidentiality Act [410 ILCS 305].
b) Such policies shall provide that all information maintained concerning a student receiving special education services be directly related to the provision of services to that student.
c) These policies shall be made known to the parents or guardians of all students receiving special education services, to the public and to any persons who are provided with all or a part of a student's records.
(Source: Amended at 23 Ill. Reg. 10297, effective August 10, 1999)