TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
PART 595 CLOSURE OF A REHABILITATION CASE
SECTION 595.10 GENERAL APPLICABILITY
Section 595.10 General Applicability
a) Rules contained within this Part are applicable to all closures of customers' cases in the DHS-DRS Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program.
b) Closure of a customer's case shall be done:
1) any time in the VR process when the counselor has determined the appropriate standards of this Part have been met; or
2) any time in the process at the customer's request.
c) A customer who is dissatisfied with any determination made by the counselor under this Part may request a timely review of the determination. The process of the review shall follow 89 Ill. Adm. Code 510 (Appeals and Hearings).
d) At the time of case closure, the customer shall be provided a written notice of the following rights:
1) The availability of and information on how to contact the Client Assistance Program (CAP). This information shall include a notice that CAP may provide assistance during any appeal or mediation.
2) The customer's right to an impartial hearing and to pursue mediation of the issue.
3) Information on how a mediator or impartial hearing officer will be selected.
4) The contact information for the DHS Hearings Coordinator with whom requests for mediation or impartial hearing may be filed.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 12113, effective July 10, 2012)