TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
PART 590 SERVICES
SECTION 590.600 TRANSPORTATION
Section 590.600 Transportation
During the completion of the customer's IPE (see 89 Ill. Adm. Code 572), transportation and temporary lodging may be necessary to complete the customer's employment outcome.
a) The following shall apply:
1) Mileage shall be paid to the customer at 50% of the established rate of the Travel Regulation Council (80 Ill. Adm. Code 3000) rounded to the next cent.
2) Mileage shall be computed on one round trip per day for services listed on the IPE that are required to achieve the employment outcome or for diagnostic services approved by the counselor.
3) If the public transportation system is accessible to the customer and meets the customer's schedule, the maximum DHS-DRS shall pay is the cost of public transportation.
4) DHS-DRS shall provide long-term increased costs (see 89 Ill. Adm. Code 590.670) or transportation costs, whichever is less.
b) Transportation costs listed on an IPE will be discontinued when the customer has obtained employment commensurate with the outcome goal on the IPE and the first pay check has been received.
c) Transportation via ambulance or medical van will only be provided based on the customer's IPE and when ordered by the customer's attending physician.
d) Customer transportation needs for training at ICRE-Wood will be determined by the customer's training schedule and the training schedule of ICRE-Wood.
e) DHS-DRS will not pay for transportation for customers in residence at a college or training program.
f) DHS-DRS shall not pay for automobile insurance, maintenance or licensing fees.
g) DHS-DRS may pay for vehicle repairs when:
1) a mechanic selected by DHS-DRS has determined that the repairs will permit the vehicle to have an expected useful life of at least five additional years;
2) the repair costs will be less than the value of the vehicle;
3) the vehicle cannot be driven or is unsafe to operate;
4) there is no other means of transportation available to the customer; and
5) a substantial service in the customer's IPE will not be completed because of the lack of transportation.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 6598, effective April 13, 2012)