TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
PART 590 SERVICES
SECTION 590.490 PAYMENT FOR SUPPORT AND AUXILIARY SERVICES PROVIDED BY INDIVIDUALS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE PROVISION
Section 590.490 Payment for Support and Auxiliary Services Provided by Individuals and Conditions of Service Provision
a) Individuals providing PA services shall be paid only for those hours in which services are being provided to the customer in the customer's home, at the customer's training site or on the customer's worksite and in accordance with the customer's IPE (see 89 Ill. Adm. Code 572). An individual employed by the customer to provide PA services shall be paid at an hourly rate equal to that paid to an individual providing PA services through the DHS-DRS Home Services Program (see 89 Ill. Adm. Code 686.40(a)).
b) An individual providing reader or notetaker services shall be paid only for those hours in which those services are being directly provided to the customer and in accordance with the customer's IPE. Individuals providing reader or notetaker services shall be paid at a rate established by DHS-DRS and, subject to appropriation, those rates may be comparable to the rate paid to personal assistants under the DHS-DRS Home Services Program.
c) An individual providing driver services to a customer shall be paid an hourly rate for all driving and required waiting time and shall be reimbursed for mileage in accordance with State Travel Regulations (see 80 Ill. Adm. Code 3000.Appendix A). Individuals providing driver services shall be paid at a rate established by DHS-DRS and, subject to appropriation, those rates may be comparable to the rate paid to personal assistants under the DHS-DRS Home Services Program.
d) An individual providing Interpreter Services or CART shall be paid at a rate established by DHS-DRS for that individual's license or level of qualification and in accordance with the following:
1) minimum payment shall be for a period of 2 hours even though actual work time may be less;
2) if there is less than a one hour lapse during provision of services (e.g., lunch, break) the individual shall be paid for the entire time span of the assignment;
3) an individual who is required to be on site even though he or she does not interpret shall be paid during that period of time;
4) an individual who must travel more than 20 miles one-way for an assignment shall be paid travel reimbursement in accordance with State Travel Regulations (80 Ill. Adm. Code 3000.Appendix A);
5) no payment shall be made to an individual whose assignment is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled beginning of the assignment. If cancellation occurs less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled beginning of the assignment, for single day assignments the individual shall be paid for the entire scheduled assignment time. For multiple day assignments, the individual shall be paid for the time scheduled for the assignment during the first 48 hours of the scheduled assignment;
6) if a customer does not appear for a scheduled appointment, the individual shall stay on-site for one hour. If the customer does not appear after the one hour wait, the individual shall consult the DHS-DRS contact person for instructions. The individual shall be paid in accordance with the provisions of subsections (d)(1), (3) and (5) and reimbursed for travel in accordance with subsection (d)(4);
7) if an individual has to cancel a scheduled assignment, he or she shall contact the DHS-DRS contact person immediately and assist in finding a suitable replacement. The suitability of the replacement shall be determined by the DHS-DRS contact person. An individual who cancels a scheduled assignment shall not be paid for any of the scheduled services, reimbursed travel cost, or paid a finders fee for locating a replacement.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 6598, effective April 13, 2012)