TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER a: GENERAL PROGRAM PROVISIONS
PART 546 PUBLIC USE OF DHS-ORS FACILITIES
SECTION 546.10 PUBLIC USE OF DHS-ORS FACILITIES
Section 546.10 Public Use of DHS-ORS Facilities
a) Facilities operated by Department of Human Services-Office of Rehabilitation Services (DHS-ORS) may be used by persons, groups or organizations at the discretion of DHS and under the following conditions:
1) a request to use a facility should be submitted in writing to the Secretary of DHS or his/her designee at least two weeks in advance of the requested dates; the request must detail the intended use and specify the part or parts of the facility needed;
2) the activity and reservation time must be approved, in writing, by the Secretary or his/her designee;
3) groups and organizations must designate an adult who is responsible for the group or organization;
4) the requestors shall adhere to guidelines and regulations of this Section established by DHS concerning conduct and activities while on the premises and agree that its activities will not interfere with normal operations of the DHS-ORS facility;
5) the requestors must sign an agreement prior to utilizing the facility that indicates:
A) compliance with applicable Departmental regulations prohibiting the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, illegal drugs, fireworks, explosives, guns, weapons and gambling on State property;
B) agreement to return the facility to the condition it was in prior to the group's use. If any cleanup expense is incurred by DHS, fees will be charged to the group or responsible person. The Secretary or his/her designee will determine if this requirement has been met by the person, group or organization; and
C) understanding that DHS will not provide security;
6) proposed use of the facility shall not conflict with the provision of any lease held by DHS; and
7) any requestors using the facility must pay all activity expenses incurred directly and not through DHS.
b) The requestors shall indemnify and hold harmless DHS and the State of Illinois for any loss DHS or the State may sustain related to the use of the facility by the person, group or organization. The person, group or organization will be asked to demonstrate it has liability insurance that is adequate for the type of event it is conducting and be asked to name DHS as an additional insured on its insurance policy. The Secretary or his/her designee shall determine the amount and type of insurance required based on the type of activity and number of people to be involved. Any questions regarding type and amount of coverage shall be referred to DHS Legal Division for final determination.
c) Requestors using a DHS-ORS facility shall not damage, deface, destroy, remove or injure in any way the State property being used. All persons, organizations, and groups will be responsible for all costs, expenses, damages and liability resulting from such damage, defacement, destruction, removal or other injury to State property.
d) DHS may contract with local election boards to allow use of its facilities as accessible polling places during local, State, and national elections. These agreements will be entered into at the discretion of the Department if such use does not violate any local agreements and/or leases DHS may have for that property. The Secretary of DHS or his/her designee shall approve the contract.
(Source: Amended at 27 Ill. Reg. 17375, effective November 4, 2003)