TITLE 89: MENTAL HEALTH
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: EARLY CHILDHOOD SERVICES
PART 504 UNIVERSAL NEWBORN HEARING SCREENING PROGRAM
SECTION 504.60 NEWBORN HEARING SCREENING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Section 504.60 Newborn Hearing Screening Advisory Committee
a) The Newborn Hearing Screening Advisory Committee shall consist of representatives from:
2) Chicago Department of Public Health;
3) Early intervention providers;
4) Health insurance plans;
5) Illinois Department of Human Services;
6) Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services;
7) Illinois Department of Public Health;
8) Parents of children with hearing loss;
9) Pediatric Associations;
10) Persons with hearing loss;
11) Public and private hospitals;
12) University of Illinois at Chicago Division of Specialized Care for Children; and
13) Illinois Deaf and Hard of Hearing Commission.
b) The advisory committee shall:
1) Recommend policies and procedures to DHS, IDPH, and DSCC to ensure the efficient and effective administration of the Hearing Screening for Newborns Act. Develop and conduct training for hospitals implementing newborn hearing screening.
2) Review any reports made available by the State with respect to the hearing screening status of all newborns.
3) Review the availability of third party reimbursement for universal hospital-based hearing screening, diagnostic testing, hearing aids, cochlear implants, and similar concerns.
4) Review administrative rules and make recommendations to the Department regarding those rules.
(Source: Amended at 31 Ill. Reg. 4770, effective March 6, 2007)