TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 408 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR GROUP DAY CARE HOMES
SECTION 408.110 SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN
Section 408.110 School Age Children
a) A group day care home receiving children within the school age range shall comply with the standards for group day care homes except when inconsistent with the special requirements in this Section.
b) The facility shall provide a designated area so that the older children's presence shall not interfere with the needs and care of younger children.
c) Indoor equipment shall be available so as to provide for active and quiet play appropriate to the age levels and developmental needs of the children.
d) Outdoor equipment appropriate to the developmental levels of the children in care shall be provided, including sports equipment, outdoor games and activities.
e) The facility shall provide a program and activities that recognize the developmental and educational needs of school-age children who need group care.
1) Quiet activities such as, but not limited to, puzzles, games, reading books, simple art or special projects, and opportunities to do homework shall be accessible on a free choice basis to children waiting in the facility to leave for school during the morning hours.
2) Children who have been in school all day shall have time set aside for relaxation and recreation immediately upon arrival from school.
3) Opportunity shall be available for the development of skills in areas such as, but not limited to, sports, art, and music.
4) Special projects outside the confines of the facility shall be provided, such as trips to the library.
5) The program shall be flexible to allow the children to participate in after-school activities with the written permission of parent(s).
f) Nutritional needs shall be fulfilled.
1) A snack shall be served when children arrive at the home after school in accordance with Section 408.80.
2) Child(ren) who come to the home from school for lunch shall be served a nutritionally balanced meal in accordance with Section 408.80.
g) Areas of responsibility shall be clearly established and agreed to in writing between parent, school, and caregiver including, but not limited to:
1) Child(ren) leaving the group day care home to go to school;
2) Child(ren) leaving school to go home;
3) Child(ren) leaving the group day care home for any reason; and
4) Child(ren) participating in after school activities or visiting friends.