TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 407 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR DAY CARE CENTERS
SECTION 407.120 PERSONNEL RECORDS
Section 407.120 Personnel Records
a) A confidential file shall be maintained on each staff person and contain at least the following information:
1) A copy of a form prescribed by the Department which contains information on persons employed in the day care center;
2) A record of current medical examination on a form prescribed by the Department;
3) Three written character references, verified by the day care center;
4) Proof of educational achievement as required for the individual's position. Foreign credentials require additional documentation providing a statement of the equivalency in the U.S. educational system;
5) Verification of previous experience, when such experience is considered as part of the individual's qualifications for his or her position; and
6) A signed statement that acknowledges the employee's status as a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse and neglect.
b) Authorizations for and results of the background check required by 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385, Background Checks, shall be maintained in a separate and confidential file.
c) The Department shall be notified by the next business day when there is a change of director or school-age director. Other staff changes, including a change in an employee's position status within the center, shall be reported to the Department monthly in a form prescribed by the Department. Name changes shall be documented in the personnel file.
d) For any individual who serves as a child care facility driver, a driver application shall be submitted to the Department with a copy of the current medical report that was completed not more than 60 days prior to assuming duties as a child care driver. If an individual holds a valid school bus driver permit and is currently employed by a school district or parochial school, a copy of the school bus driver permit may be substituted for the required medical examination.
e) The day care center shall maintain written documentation of the following:
1) That a person certified in food service sanitation is on site to manage the preparation and/or service of food, including the service of catered food. This requirement does not apply if the center serves no food, or serves only prepackaged prepared snacks. Refer to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Food Service Sanitation Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 750);
2) That in-service training is being provided as required for the child care director and each member of the child care staff; and
3) That an employee who has successfully completed training and is currently certified in first-aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the Heimlich maneuver is on site at all times. CPR certification shall be specific for all age groups served (infant, child and adult).
f) The day care center shall submit copies of the following to the Department for the child care director and any person designated to serve as alternate director:
1) Proof of educational achievement, including course descriptions if necessary; and
2) Three written references.
g) The records required by this Section shall be maintained in a locked file at the day care center.
(Source: Added at 22 Ill. Reg. 1728, effective January 1, 1998)