TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 403 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR GROUP HOMES
SECTION 403.18 CHILD CARE STAFF
Section 403.18 Child Care Staff
a) Child care staff are those persons whose primary responsibility is the daily care of children. Persons employed in other capacities may function as child care staff provided they are qualified as child care staff.
b) Child care staff shall:
1) be at least 18 years of age, if there is an on-site supervisor. If there is no on-site supervisor, child care staff must be at least 21 years of age;
2) have obtained a high school diploma or GED certificate;
3) be in good physical and mental health per Section 403.22;
4) have demonstrated skills in the field of child care or the capacity to develop such skills;
5) have demonstrated ability to work within agency structure and program and to accept agency supervision; and
6) have demonstrated ability to work constructively with parents, other agencies and the community.
(Source: Amended at 21 Ill. Reg. 4587, effective April 1, 1997)