TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 403 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR GROUP HOMES
SECTION 403.17 AGENCY SUPERVISION OF THE GROUP HOME
Section 403.17 Agency Supervision of the Group Home
a) The supervising child welfare agency shall designate qualified supervisors to provide ongoing program administration, personnel administration and monitoring of the group home's operation. Supervision shall include on-site visitation and on-site conferences with personnel employed at the home at least twice a month. Visits at the home shall include contact with children to determine the child's view of the program.
b) Child care supervisors shall:
1) be at least 25 years of age;
2) have 60 semester hours of college credits;
3) have 2 years of full-time experience in a residential child care program;
4) demonstrate skill in working with and managing children of the type served in the program; and
5) demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with administration staff and persons external to the program.
c) The supervising child welfare agency shall be responsible for providing and maintaining qualified staff as specified in this part.
d) The supervising child welfare agency shall assure that all persons connected in any way with the group home are of reputable character.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 6054, effective May 1, 2010)