TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 401 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR CHILD WELFARE AGENCIES
SECTION 401.420 AGENCY RESPONSIBILITY
Section 401.420 Agency Responsibility
a) Each child served by the agency shall, at all times, have a designated child welfare worker assigned or, for a period of time not to exceed 30 days, the case may be assigned to a child welfare supervisor.
b) Children in placement shall be seen by the child welfare worker assigned to the case at least once every month. Foster parents shall be seen by the child welfare worker at least monthly.
c) Except as otherwise noted in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 402.7(i), each licensed facility supervised by the child welfare agency shall be visited by the licensing worker of the agency at least semi-annually to insure that the standards for licensing continue to be met.
d) Critical decisions regarding a child, such as accepting for placement, subsequent placements, determination of or changes in the service plan, and discharge from care, shall be reviewed by the child welfare supervisor prior to implementation and when needed. These critical decisions shall result in a revised service plan.
e) A comprehensive written admission study shall be completed within 30 days after admission and shall include:
1) child's name, birth date, place of birth, sex, race, religious affiliation, primary language, legal status including the legal status of the parents, and present address;
2) names, birth dates, places of birth, marital status, sex, race, religious affiliation, primary language, addresses, and telephone numbers of the child's biological and adoptive parents;
3) date and facility of placement and information concerning any special care or treatment provided to the child and his or her family; and
4) reasons for, and the goal of, placement.
f) The child and/or his or her parent or guardian shall be active participants, to the extent possible, in all decisions regarding the reasons for, and the goal of placement, the child's educational plan, and the service agreement.
g) Child welfare agencies that license or supervise foster family homes shall comply with the Foster Parent Law [20 ILCS 520].
h) Records for each child placed in a licensed or license exempt child care facility or independent living program shall include an admission study, legal documents and agreements for care, as required, and case recording that reflects the on-going placement supervision, service planning, care and treatment of the child.
i) When a child is discharged from the agency's care, records shall include the reason for discharge, the legal status of the child, the name and address of the agency or person to whom the child is discharged, family reunification or aftercare services to be provided to stabilize the family, and any recommendation for the child's future care.
j) The agency shall provide an environment of safety and well being for children in care.
1) Staff shall not abuse or neglect children and shall provide a safe environment at all times.
2) No child shall be subjected to corporal punishment, verbal abuse, threats or derogatory remarks about the child or the child's family.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 2157, effective January 30, 2012)