TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 401 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR CHILD WELFARE AGENCIES
SECTION 401.260 REQUIRED RECORD KEEPING
Section 401.260 Required Record Keeping
a) The child welfare agency shall maintain current records that shall be available for inspection by authorized persons from the Department and that shall include:
1) records of board membership and minutes of board meetings, as required by Section 401.210;
2) financial records, as required by Section 401.230;
3) personnel records, as required by Section 401.380;
4) children's case records, as required by Section 401.420; and
5) licensing records for foster family and day care homes supervised by the agency, as required by Section 401.460.
b) Records shall be kept in safe, locked places within the State of Illinois. Access to records shall be limited to authorized persons only.
c) Department licensing workers shall have access to all records and reports pertaining to day care, foster care, relative care, adoption, independent living and residential care programs for minors operated by or supervised by the child welfare agency, even if the Department is not legally responsible for the children involved in those programs. All persons who have access to the records and reports shall respect their confidential nature.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 2157, effective January 30, 2012)