TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 401 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR CHILD WELFARE AGENCIES
SECTION 401.110 PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO PERMITS
Section 401.110 Provisions Pertaining to Permits
a) A permit shall be issued before a provisional license is granted, but shall not be issued prior to the following:
1) Completion of the application for license and submission of the original and one copy of the application and all required supporting documentation to the Department;
2) Employment of an executive director who has passed the background check requirements of 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385 (Background Checks) and who meets the requirements of Section 401.300;
3) Development of a projected staffing plan indicating the time table by which qualified staff shall be hired;
4) Establishment of procedures and forms for required records and reports in Sections 401.260 and 401.270;
5) Submission of a written plan that indicates how requirements for a license shall be met within the permit period;
6) Submission of a projected budget for at least the next two years that has been approved by the governing body. Letters of commitment must be attached for any projected grant or contract;
7) Submission of a risk management plan as outlined in Appendix D, Minimum Requirements for a Risk Management Plan, of this Part; and
8) Documentation of current public liability insurance as required by Section 401.220(g).
b) A permit shall not be issued retroactively.
c) The permit shall not be renewable.
d) The permit shall not be transferred or transmitted to another legal entity.
e) The permit shall not be valid for a name or address different from the name and address shown on the issued permit.
f) The child welfare agency shall adhere to the provisions specified on the permit.
g) A current permit shall be on display at the agency headquarters at all times while the agency is operating under a permit.
h) A provisional license shall be issued any time within the six months period covered by the permit provided the child welfare agency achieves and maintains reasonable compliance with the Department's licensing standards.
i) There shall be no fee or charge for the permit.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 2699, effective February 27, 2006)